Why study in the Philippines?
Diversified and multi-lingual culture, low tuition fees, beautiful scenery, etc. are some of the reasons that make Philippines quite a popular choice for study.
Students planning to study in the Philippines can look forward to a pleasant and rewarding experience during their stay in the country. Similar to taking other decisions in life, choosing to study abroad needs advance planning so that we can avoid problems and inconveniences that might be able to be caused to us while studying in a school or university.
Before joining any university of college in the Philippines, it is vital to get complete and accurate information on university admission procedures, tuition fees, accommodation, and visa requirements.
Most Universities have deadlines in June for the start in September, but all the international students are suggested to apply at the earliest so that they can get more time to work out the details.
Requirements for a Student VISA
- Two copies of the duly accomplished application form;
- Original passport which must be valid not less than six months beyond the expected stay in the Philippines
- Original and photocopy of birth certificate
- It needs to be verified and authenticated at the Embassy of the Philippines.
- Original and photocopy of the affidavit of support
- Parents or guardian’ passport photocopy
- Original and one photocopy of transcript of records authenticated at the Embassy of the Philippines;
- Original and one photocopy of the candidates’ good moral character.
- It must be authenticated by the Embassy of the Philippines;
- Original and photocopy of police certificate, etc.
The Tuition Fees
Living cost in the Philippines is relatively low for an international student. On average, cost students are supposed to pay $1,000 for public universities or $1,200 to $1,500 for private universities which include one’s tuition for a year. Based on the college and the major, tuition fees for every trimester will differ from USD 1,400to USD 2,100. Students need to pay anywhere between USD 4,200 and USD 6,300 per academic year. International students must pay an additional fee worth USD 100.